Did you know these things related to one of world’s favourite foods?
1. Pizza was always round in shape. In earlier days in Italy, pizza was rectangular in shape.
2. Hawaiian pizza was not invented in Hawaii as one would commonly believe. It was invented in Canada.
3. In Cambodia, many pizza places serve ‘happy pizza’ – a pizza that is loaded with marijuana of high quality.
4. Pizza Hut actually had plans to engrave their logo on the moon via lasers. For the logo to be visible to humans on Earth, it would have to be the size of Texas. Plans were thankfully scrapped.
5. While Pizza Hut’s ‘Logo Moon Mission’ may have failed, their space mission was a successful one. Yes, in 2001 Pizza Hut paid the Russians $1 million to transport the pizza to space.
6. In a strange co-incidence, the average price of a piece of pizza has matched the price of a subway ride for in New York for years now.
7. USA Dominos discontinued its ’30 minutes or free’ policy in 1993 because of the number of accidents it caused because of rash driving of the delivery persons.
8. Pizza Hut started online ordering in the year 1994!
9. In the summer of 2008, Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi had insulted Finnish cuisine. A few years later in 2008, a Finnish pizza came first in a pizza contest in New York while an American-Italian one came second. The winner pizza was named Pizza Berlusconi to mock the PM and his remarks on Finnish cuisine.
10. World’s most expensive, commercially available pizza is sold at Gordon Ramsey’s Maze restaurant in London. It is a thin-crust, wood fire-baked pizza topped with onion puree, white truffle paste, fontina cheese, baby mozzarella, pancetta, cep mushrooms, freshly picked wild mizuna lettuce and garnished with fresh shavings of a rare Italian white truffle. The pizza is regularly sold at $178!